I am currently a freelance designer and researcher, with a passion for applying human-centered design to local and global development. I have worked for SAP and the World Bank, served Fortune 500 clients, government entities, and non-profits such as the International Rescue Committee, Population Services International, Internews, Bread for the City, Safe Horizon, and Democracy Works on topics ranging from financial inclusion and consumer protection, to healthcare, and civil and human rights.
In my spare time, you will find me volunteering as a teacher, a translator, or a crisis mapper. Most recently, I co-founded Design Gigs for Good, a job board for opportunities at the intersection of design and social impact. I am a graduate of Sciences Po Paris where I studied International Business and Middle Eastern and Mediterranean Affairs. I also studied design innovation at the Paris Est d.school and User Experience design at General Assembly.
I serve on the Board of Directors of SIMLab, an awesome organization striving to make technology work for everyone.
- Better World by Design, Providence, September 2012
- TEDxDUMBO, Brooklyn, October 2012
- Mobile World Congress, Barcelona, February 2013
- Design Thinking: DC, Washington DC, March 2014
- Service Experience Chicago, Virtual, February 2016
- Service Design Global Conference, Amsterdam, October 2016
- UX Burlington, Burlington, June 2017
- General Assembly, San Francisco, June 2017
- Design Family, Amman, January 2018
- Embracing Informality: Designing Financial Services for China's Marginalized, Reboot, 2012
- Better Insights for Better Products: Lessons Learned from 3 Applied Product Innovation Projects, CGAP, 2013
- Coordination Structures for Financial Inclusion Strategies and Reforms, World Bank Group, 2013
- National Financial Inclusion Strategies Coordination Structures: Country Examples, World Bank Group, 2014
- National Financial Inclusion Strategies, World Bank Group, 2015
- Template for the Design of a National Financial Inclusion Strategy, World Bank Group, 2016
In addition, you can see more of my writing, including for GOOD Magazine and Benevolent Media, on my Medium blog.